Memorize Names Video
Welcome to the How to Memorize Names Page!!
There are two videos that you need to watch to get the full training:
1. Click to watch this names introduction video
2. Click to watch this instructional video on how to memorize names
Dale Carnegie tells us that the sweetest sound to a person’s ear is the sound of their own name and that everyone’s favorite subject is themself. Knowing this how many times have you been introduced to someone and 2 seconds later cannot remember their name?
Have you ever been at the bank, the grocery store or a baseball game and seen something that you knew and you could not recall their name? Was it a business contact and you lost the ability to buid a strong relationship by recalling thier name? Well there is an answer!
How do YOU learn how to do this? Here is the answer :
1. FOCUS – the first key to your memory is focus. You can achieve a focused mind by good nutrition and exercise, certain foods (spinach and blue berries) and even supplements such as Omega 3 fish oil pills. In addition you must consciously focus your mind by asking yourself the question, ‘What is this person’s name?’ You do this before they say their name. Develop this habit to focus your subconscious mind.
2. FILE– You must have a place to store the name mentally. This will be something on their face that stands out to you. Large eyes, nose, go tee, mustache, beards, scars, moles, hair, no hair, wrinkles, distinct lips, mouth, ears or some other facial feature. This will become your anchor for this face
3. PICTURE – Develop a mental library of pictures for common first names. This will take several weeks. For example : Steve = stove, Karen = carrot, Bill = dollar bill, Lisa = Mona Lisa, Frank = hot dog, Ron = run, Brian = brain, Wendi = wind, Dennis = dentist
4. GLUE – glue the picture that you have assigned to this name to the file. For example if the name is Dennis your image is a dentist and if this person has large ears you visualize the dentist operating on the ears.
5. REVIEW – Review this image as you talk to the person and as you walk away and at the end of each day review the new people that you have met for that day along with your files, pictures and glue.
Now, when you see a person that you have met before don’t ask yourself what is their name. Instead, ask yourself what was their file. Then when you recall it was the ears (or whatever it was) then you remember the image and this the name!
Download “Pictures for Names” .doc